Tuesday 17 January 2017

Computer 1: Kate 0

Believe me when I say I wrote the most beautiful blog post about soundscapes of Jamaica at night, but cannot upload the voice memo clips because of a combination of my lack of ability/desire to battle with technology at this moment, and a limited Wi-Fi connection. :) <3

So... here are a few photos instead!

Thinking of the snowy mountains back home and sending good vibes from Yerba Buena Farm. I can't wait to set what I'm learning here into motion back in Canmore <3.

Eating a June plum in the yard on a break. Juiced some of these too. Mmm...
 
Baby Kudjoe raking said yard. What a gem!

Co-intern Lucy and Sandra (a lovely lady who lives down the road) in front of Sandra's house.

Shantel's little sister in a chair her Dad made, watching Dora the Explorer at home. Shantel is a friend of Agape and Kwao's six boys.

Mixing peppermint soap. Safety first! Always. ;)

 Kwao in one of the bee yards! We have to work quickly when the clouds roll in, or risk facing unhappy bees.
 
 
Yesterday I got my first sting on my pinkie finger and it's a bit swollen, but Lucy really got nailed on our first hive taking abut 17 stings! She's amazing and has hardly complained, going back into the bees the next day. Check out her blog here: http://beeganlifeinjamaica.blogspot.com/
 
More sights (and hopefully sounds!) to share soon.
 
Love,
 
Kate xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment